[TowerTalk] Temporary mast/tower --Rohn pushup mast?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary mast/tower --Rohn pushup mast?
From: "Carrington, Walter" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:35:04 -0500
     Will a 30' Rohn pushup mast handle a 2 meter beam and small rotator?
Beam is a CC17B2, 31 feet long, 15 lb., 3.9 square feet wind area.  What if I
reduce it's height:  25' ??   The location is very windy.  My current tower is
a 10' mast duct taped to the deck,  so almost anything will be an improvement.
     What should I use for stakes for guying?  The ground is rocky and will
probably be frozen solid soon in a week or two.
     The other option I've considered is a temporary 25G with a pound in base,
but I doubt that I can get it done before the ground is too frozen to do much.
     Any other suggestions for putting up the beam till spring would be
     By next spring I hope to have my permit for a properly erected Rohn 25G or
similar tower. \
Thanks,  Walter, K1CMF

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.