RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] Temporary mast/tower --Rohn pushup mast?

To: "'Carrington, Walter'" <Walter.Carrington@umassmed.edu>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] Temporary mast/tower --Rohn pushup mast?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:57:08 -0800
The 17B2 is pretty long and it takes a lot of torque to get it turning, and
then to stop it from turning.  This puts a lot of stress on the rotor and
support structure, so I'd think very secure guying in at least three
directions, at three elevations on the telescoping mast, e.g., 10', 20', 30'
(or wherever the top is) would be an absolute necessity.  Collapsing the
mast from 30' to 25' or maybe shorter is a good idea.  The center (highest)
mast on this unit has a small diameter and HD rotors may not be able to
clamp down on it, so you may need shims or something. -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill