[TowerTalk] Stainless Steel Hose Clamps on antenna elements

To: "Tower (Tower)" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stainless Steel Hose Clamps on antenna elements
From: "Jack Schuster" <w1wef@intergate.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:35:06 -0500
Went up the tower today to look into an intermittent problem on my middle TH6.
I had rebuilt it probably 5 years ago, and noticed a couple days ago SWR was
way up on all three bands. That  night it was good again. Since the DE can be
reached from the tower, I decided to remove it and found FIVE stainless hose
clamps that I had used to replace the rusted original hardware very loose! I
noticed that although there was no sign of rust, there was no name on these
clamps. They were all stainless with 5/16 hex head screws, so I could tighten
them  down pretty well and I'm sure I did originally.

Has anyone else experienced SS hose clamps loosening? Is it a matter of the no
name brand?    Tnx    JACK W1WEF