Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal + Vertical Polarization Question

To: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>, RLVZ@aol.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal + Vertical Polarization Question
From: GEORGE PRITCHARD <ab2kc@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:59:06 -0500
Gentlemen,
I am using circular polarization on TEN meters, using a 4 element quad.
Loops acting as parisitic elements "don't care" about polarity, with NO
polarization attenuation. That's another reason that quads rule. QSB caused
by polarity rotations are not isolated by the typical high "vertical to
horizontal isolation" that the parisitic elements on yagis have. In quads...
only the driven element attenuates the opposite polarity. For more info on
the topic of QSB fading with respect to: "Faraday rotations in the
ionesphere" , please go to the attached link, See my quad (and my son) and
click on "ARTICAL".  http://www.amwindow.org/pix/htm/ab2kc/ab2kc5.htm
George AB2KC