[TowerTalk] Conversion of survivability wind ratings to EIA/TIA-222

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Conversion of survivability wind ratings to EIA/TIA-222
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:49:13 -0800
I understand that Appendix E of ASCE Manual 74 provides a method for conversion of wind speed ratings averaged over different periods of time. I haven't been able to locate this manual in any of the local university or public libraries.

I need to convert a 100 mph survivability rating into the equivalent EIA 222 Basic Wind Speed. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

TIA for your help

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO