[TowerTalk] Best tuner value? (I think that was the topic)

Subject: [TowerTalk] Best tuner value? (I think that was the topic)
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:07:26 +0000
Right, the best tuner depends on what you want to do. For balanced feed lines I use the Bliss Z Matchmaster. It uses two synchronized 30 mH roller inductors and a 1000 pf vac. variable. One of the things I like about it is that the roller inductors are in-line on a threaded shaft with fixed taps so the coils move back and forth. I think this is a bit more rugged and stable than two rollers turned together from a single shaft with rubber belts. This is a transmatch for low band QRO. It would not be necessary for lower power and/or (obviously) unbalanced lines.

Rob Atkinson

From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you?ll find a
range of helpful holiday info here.