[TowerTalk] Ham IV Rotor Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV Rotor Problem
From: "Jim Brown" <jbrown@luminet.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:13:50 -0600
I searched the archives for this problem but the remedy given doesn?t
help in my situation. Here?s the problem. When my rotor is pointed to
the west / southwest and stopped there it doesn?t want to restart. The
first thing I did was to make sure the coax was not binding, and then I
loosened the mast clamp and tried the rotator with no load and still had
the problem. I took it down from the tower yesterday and tried it
plugged directly plugged into the control box. Everything worked fine.
As per suggestions on the reflector I installed new rotor cable and
reinstalled the rotor. The problem was back. So what I know is that it
is not binding, coax is not interfering and there is new rotor cable.
Any other suggestions other than sending it to CATS. I am concerned that
it will bench test OK for them. Thanks fin advance for the help.

Jim NØWE
jbrown@luminet.net