Re: [TowerTalk] AlfaSPID rotor comments

To: Ron Samchuk <samvideo@escape.ca>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AlfaSPID rotor comments
From: Phil - KB9CRY <kb9cry@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:59:46 -0600
Go for it. Run don't walk, you'll never look back. I have one up turning my 3 el. 40M beam, 32 ft boom, 42 ft. elements. It has no trouble with that. I really like the small control box; you use an external power supply, with it's large digital readout and electronic stops and presets. I'm thinking of selling my spare Ham IVs and buying a couple of Spids for the two other towers. And best of all, it's a worm gear so no brakes to break, no end stops to get hung up on, and great torque specs. Very satisfied customer, Phil KB9CRY

Ron Samchuk wrote:

Hi everybody.  I am considering the purchase of the AlfaSPID rotor.  I am
looking for comments from anyone who has used this rotator.  Thanks in advance
from Ron VE4SR