RE: [TowerTalk] RE: F12 Customer Service

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] RE: F12 Customer Service
From: "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:01:09 -0600

> Maybe Ten Tec would be willing to teach a class on Customer Service!  It
> would be open to the gang at F12, Yaehoocom and others....wouldn't that be
> nice if all had TT class customer service?
> Tony

Not necessarily....When I've called about problems with my Omni VI's, the
stock response seems to be "lightning effects."

It gets old after a while....especially when their repairs don't infer
lightning effects.

Maybe a better candidate might be someone like maybe Yaesu?  I blew the
installation of a CW filter in my FT-100--I apparently destroyed a/some
surface mount components.  I sent the radio and the filter to Yaesu,
explaining I had bought the radio used and had no warranty card on file with
them.  They repaired the damaged parts, installed the filter, made updating
mods and shipped it back to me gratis!

73,
dale, kg5u