Re: [TowerTalk] Re: F12 customer service and antenna refurbishment

To: "Didier Juges" <didier@cox.net>,"towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: F12 customer service and antenna refurbishment
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 07:06:11 -0500
At 09:20 PM 12/11/03 -0600, Didier Juges wrote:
I bought the beam report from N0AX and K7LXC, and the Force 12 antennas
certainly blow the competition away. The only measureable advantage of my
24' boom TH7DX on the shorter F12 antenna (C3, 18' boom) is the front to
back ratio. Most everything else is a wash.

This is entirely consistent with my modeling results, to within a dB or less. One big advantage to the C-3 is that it weighs less than half what the TH-7 does; even I could handle it on the tower.

73, Pete N4ZR Happy Holidays Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm