Re: [allowed] Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn<<<<<warning adult language>>>>>>>>>>

To: "Ron & Madhavi" <mchilkuri@kasnet.com>, <wrt@dslextreme.com>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [allowed] Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn<<<<<warning adult language>>>>>>>>>>
From: Didier Juges <didier@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:48:28 -0600
Well, he had a warning in the subject line... I personally get A LOT of CONSIDERABLY more offending mail than the occasional 4 letter word. Some of it has vivid pictures popping up on the screen. Which is not to say I found this message in good taste.

To the point, if you share a computer and a single e-mail account with somebody else, and regardless of what you use the computer for, I suggest you setup different mailboxes for various topics/mail-lists and set a filter to send the messages from a particular mail-list to a specific mail box.

With active mail lists such as this, is reduces the clutter in your in-box and lets you deal with the more urgent stuff while also making it easy to follow the threads of discussions in each mail list.

For instances, the messages from towertalk always have towertalk in the To: field, you can set a filter to send all messages that have towertalk in the To: field to a TowerTalk mailbox. Your wife and kid, who may not share your tower enthusiasm to the same extend you do, won't be bothered and will be able to quickly see if there is mail for them.

There are also a number of relatively effective mail filter programs that will cut out spam, offending words and/or messages. If you share your computer with a kid, you should do this regardless of what's going on on towertalk.

73,
Didier KO4BB