Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn
From: Blake Bowers <bbowers@townsqr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:37:55 -0600

> UTTER ROT!  The last time I checked there were TWO parties in this country
> and NO
> major trade bills go into effect without signatures from BOTH sides.
>
> Besides which, this rant has absolutely NO place on this reflector.  Rohn
> managed it's business BADLY!  End of story.

While I have to admit, many of us got a little carried away
with the political parts of this message, one has to wonder
why someone would start out political, then state that the
political had no place on the mailing list.....

Rohn failed due to bad managment.  Good management
would have produced many good things, ie,

1.  Kept the unions out.  Good employees are good employees,
and if you treat them good, you will not need unions, and the
associated costs they bring.  Whether or not you like or dislike
unions, they are cost intensive.

2.  Kept promises.  Rohn shipping from the factory was NEVER
on time.

3.  Quality.  Holes that did not line up, galvanizing that had to be
cleaned out of holes.  Sections that did not line up.  Their new
Self Support tower had a 50% chance of being built backwards.
And on, and on...

Many other things played a part, but the analysts have been quick
to point out these items as being major issues.