Re: [TowerTalk] The cable must be Times...

To: "Al Toothaker" <n6ta@arrl.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The cable must be Times...
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 06:08:42 -0500
At 05:48 PM 12/21/03 -0800, Al wrote:
This makes it pretty clear that there is only Times being offered by
JEfatech

Sorry, but the stuff they identify as LMR 400 on their home page is specifically stated not to be Times. They say:

This lightweight cable has excellent low loss characteristics and a durable UV protected black polyethylene jacket.

This is not Times Microwave cable, however as a reference, it meets or exceeds LMR 400 specifications for high quality, low loss, RF Coax Cable. We guarantee the quality and performance of the cable and offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Free samples are available.

This cable is manufactured in a ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facility. It is 100% MADE IN THE USA.

I leave to the lawyers the issue of whether Times' intellectual property rights have been violated.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
 www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm