Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Collapse airs again Jan 3

To: Mike Gilmer - N2MG <n2mg@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Collapse airs again Jan 3
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:22:40 -0600
Mike:

Don't feel bad, I read it in time for the replay but too late for the 9 p.m. CST broadcast, but fell asleep about 12:45 a.m. just before the replay at 1 a.m. CST this morning.

Tom, WW5L

Mike Gilmer - N2MG wrote:

Of course, I read this post too late to catch the
show....

I went to the History Channel website and they list this program showing again on Jan 3, at 3PM

73 Mike N2MG

Tonight on the HISTORY channel's "Modern Marvels", they
will do a segment on a tower collapse as well as some other fantastic
engineering failures.

Towers are DANGEROUS and you should watch this if you
have a chance!

Modern Marvels
Tuesday, December 30 @ 10pm ET/PT
Engineering Disasters 5
Examines some of the most notorious engineering
failures of recent years and asks what went wrong and what we learned from them.
We take viewers to the southern coast of Louisiana, where a misplaced
oilrig caused an entire lake to be sucked into an underground salt mine; review
the 1972 Buffalo Creek dam disaster; revisit the Exxon Valdez oil spill;
see how radio and TV antenna towers collapse with alarming regularity;
and look at the collision of 2 California icons--freeways and
earthquakes! TV PG

Dino...k6rix at earthlink.net