Re: [TowerTalk] weatherproof boxes

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] weatherproof boxes
From: Cameron Crum <ccrum@dot11net.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:03:19 -0600
I buy a LOT of Nema 4x boxes and have reserched this in detail. The cheapest source I have found to date is Mouser electronics http://www.mouser.com and I usually buy the Hammond boxes. They come in Aluminum and UV resistant fiberglass. Of course, punching holes in NEMA 4x boxes ruins thier rating, but they still keep the water out.

Cameron

WD0M wrote:

I've located a box I intend to purchase through a regional distributor (Interwest), and the size and price are pretty good. The box is about 18 x 16 inches, and 8 inches deep. The list price is about $137, and the actual sale price is closer to $100 - 105. The stock number is J1816HPL - features stainless hinges and the ability to lock it. If you're interested (and I have NO interest financially or otherwise in this company or product), send an e-mail to:

interwest@prodigy.net

The gentleman who helped me is John Bradley.

73,
Joe
WD0M
Pagosa Springs, CO