Re: [TowerTalk] grounding

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: Jack Berry <jlberry@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:11:00 -0800 (PST)
Jim,

I live between Houston & Galveston - nearly as bad as
Florida for lightning and probably worse for surges.
After suffering a gazillion clock resets from the
little boogers I finally got one through the phone
line that nailed by DirecTV reciever & alarm system -
Toast!

I remembered that ICE offered whole house (mains)
surge protection for both AC mains and telephone
entrance. I bought and installed both and have not had
to reset clocks bacause of a surge since over 2 years.
You can find info at
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/
ICE also makes great filters & lightning arrestors (as
much as lightning can be arrested!).