[TowerTalk] House bracketed crankup tower disguised as chimney?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] House bracketed crankup tower disguised as chimney?
From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:45:06 -0800
My house has a fireplace and chimney that are constructed
so that the face of the fireplace is flush
with the interior wall, and the fireplace
protrudes out from the exterior wall.  Thus
there is an extension to the house that
encloses the fireplace and chimney.  It looks
like the house originally was built without
the fireplace, and it was added on.  (Actually,
it was built originally that way.)  The chimney
enclosure is siding that matches the rest of
the siding on the house.  Many houses around
here use chimneys of that design.

Anyway, it occured to me that you could just
as easily house bracket a crankup tower and build
an enclosure just like my chimney enclosure for
it (except with removable panels for servicing).
This would seem to be easy to sell to neighbors.
Maybe you could even apply for a chimney building
permit first and then change it to a tower later.

If the yagi on the top of the tower cranked down
to the height of the roof peak, then much of it
would be obscured by the roof and barely noticable.

Anyone tried this?

Rick N6RK