[TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing
From: N4CW@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:28:54 EST
I need to ship an Isoloop antenna to my son-in-law 2500 miles away. I went to
a local pack 'n ship place and got some prices on shipping alone; would you
believe costs for shipping started around $135 (Fed Ex Home Delivery) to about
$550 for motor freight??? That's for an antenna that I paid less than $100 for
at a hamfest!
Surely, there's a better way...
My question: can I bend/form the loop strap (without breaking it) in such a
way that I can put it in a smaller box (than with the circular loop -- about
46" in diameter)?
Some of you may have bought or handled an Isoloop a few years back. How was
it packaged to ship?
Thanks,
Bert, N4CW