[TowerTalk] SteppIR in Ice Storm

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR in Ice Storm
From: "Roger Huntley" <snr.huntley@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:41:07 -0800
There has been numerous comments in the past about how the SteppIR would
hold up in an ice storm.  I have attached two photo's take during an ice
storm that we had earlier this month.  During the storm we lost eight trees
and were without power for two days.  The enclosed photo's show the SteppIR
on a 80 foot tree and a C31XR with a 402CD above on the 75 foot self
supported tower.  All antennas went back to normal shape later that day and
I noticed no ill effects from the storm.

Roger Huntley, W7VV