[TowerTalk] Coiled Antenna's

Subject: [TowerTalk] Coiled Antenna's
From: Chris I Townsend <>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:42:10 +0000

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to locate some relevant antenna theory.

I have come across the idea of using a 'slinky' as an antenna. I am looking for some formula to calculate the effect of coiling a HF antenna where the coil diameter is a tiny fraction of the wavelength.

I've come across several sites that suggest lengths etc. that will work, but I'm interested in the theory.

Please reply to

Chris I Townsend