Re: [TowerTalk] Coil Stock anyone?

To: RedHaines@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coil Stock anyone?
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:00:25 -0500 (EST)
Great pointer!  Note that the ARRL again has a slide-type coil
calculator, which makes manipulating dimensions of the coil VERY easy.

Is this off-topic for the list, or not?

73, doug

   Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:25:19 -0600
   From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>

   See QST July 2001, "Home-brew Your Own Inductors", available at
   www.arrl.org/members-only/tis/info/pdf/0107066.pdf, with a correction in
   Oct 2001, "Feedback" for information on building FB high quality, air
   core inductors from about 1" dia up to several inches, from wire or from
   copper tubing, with supports and mounting devices.

   73 de WOØW

   Lee Buller wrote:

   >Does anyone have some coil stock in their junk box they would like to get
rid of?  I would like to get some 2" to 3" diameter air coil stock...#16, #14,
or #12 wire...4 to 6 TPI and about 48 to 60 turns?