Re: [TowerTalk] Certification to climb towers?

To: "AA6DX" <aa6dx@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Certification to climb towers?
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:05:40 +0000
and .. Query .. Phil, what
> experience did you have B4 you climbed that push-up mast?

Let's keep this reflector on a professional basis and not get personal OK?
Yes back in my old days (and I'm not as old as the average ham) I too only used
a leather climbing belt and free climbed but nowadays, after over 18 years as
an EHS Manager conducting OSHA Fall Protection training at the plant (major
global chemical company) and as the Plant Engineer managing the Maintenance
Department employees doing the elevated work, I have come to learn a lot more.
Even though many may think otherwise, OSHA regulations only get promulgated
because there have been many accident/deaths/abuses and therefore the need to
enforce safety.

And if I may take a little more bandwidth, I don't agree with lowering the CW
testing requirement.  I don't think the old CW testing did much good anyway;
I've always thought that testing should have been required in how to operate,
how to receive, how to make a dipole, how to eliminate rfi, how to work RTTY,
how to solder PL259s, how to QSL, etc.

I'm done.  Phil  KB9CRY