Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL-259s

To: Roger D Johnson <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL-259s
From: Mahlon Haunschild <>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:25:20 -0600
Plumbing, next to the usual propane torches.

Ask them to look up the UPC; they should be able to find it from that.

Mahlon - K4OQ

Roger D Johnson wrote:

Mahlon Haunschild wrote:

Hey, everyone.

Remember the thread the other day about soldering PL-259s? Found the ideal tool for the purpose the other day at Wal-Mart: a Ronson "TechTorch" mini-torch. Butane-fueled, refillable, and best of all comes with a catalyst burner with soldering & heat tips, so you can shrink the heat shrink after you solder the connector. Circa $26 at the Wal-Mart. Ronson item # 80009. UPC 0-37900-80009-6.

Mahlon - K4OQ

I searched high and low at my local Walmart and couldn't find one. What
department was it in? BTW a websearch indicates that the Ronson number
is 82009.

Thanks, Roger