Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower up With Some Issues 2L40 TH7

To: <>, <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower up With Some Issues 2L40 TH7
From: "Don K5AQ" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:03:57 -0600
I likewise suffered a "world of hurt" on my MFJ259B when the local 10KW AM
station opened up less than a mile from me on 1620!!

I built a 9 section high pass filter from the October 1983 QST pp 17-19.

It allows reasonable measurements as long as they are near 50 ohms. Much
different impedances show increasing errors as you go away from there.

I also use it in the feedline of my RX antennas to keep the garbage down.

73  Don  K5AQ

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.