Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght

To: James <jameswarren@swbell.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght
From: mcduffie@actcom.net
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:18:29 -0700
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:37:14 -0600, James wrote:

> He's a former small town independent telephone outside plant manager
> and said they used 4' rods, so if it was good enough for the telephone
> company, its good enough for his satellite and two-way radio installations.

That's why we insist on bonding the phone company (and power provider)
grounds to ours before they come into the building.  Before doing that,
we had lots of trouble with lightning coming in through those outside
lines.  Bonding them to the station ground, which is much better than
all of the others combined, almost eliminates lightning intrusion and
losses.

Gary

--
ag0n at arrl dot net