Re: [TowerTalk] Comparison between Tailtwister and Yaesu G-1000SDXrotors

To: Charles Johnson <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comparison between Tailtwister and Yaesu G-1000SDXrotors
From: "Dave Hoaglin" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:25:35 -0500

If you're able to consider a heavier-duty rotator than the T2X, you should
look at the RD-1800 from CATS.  I went through a couple of Tailtwisters
before I decided that I had had enough of their light-duty gears and brake
problems.  The RD-1800 uses the same control box as a Tailtwister.  With
careful maneuvering it went through the braces of Rohn 45, and it mounts in
the same holes as a Tailtwister.

My little "stack" consists of a Tennadyne T-10 (10-element log periodic) at
70 feet and a 40-2CD at 80 feet.

I've had the RD-1800 up for about a year and a half now, and I'm very happy
with it.

73, Dave K1HT

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.