[TowerTalk] K7LXC WINCH Problem

Subject: [TowerTalk] K7LXC WINCH Problem
From: Steve Gilbert <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:47:21 +0000
Steve- is your winch of the auto-brake type?? If it is, I suggest you get the manufacturers booklet that goes with it and check that it is assembled correctly. On my auto-brake winch, you have to make sure that the handle is torqued to the correct tightness when you fit the thing otherwise either (a) the handle unwinds and comes off or (b) the auto-brake does not work. The latter case can be dangerous in a "failure " state where auto-braking is essential. ..Steve, G3OAG