Re: [TowerTalk] RE: One Man Tower-LRFD

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE: One Man Tower-LRFD
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:27:39 -0500
At 04:28 PM 2/18/04 +0000, wrote:
What is important here for amateurs is what was the wind loading criteria used to determine the allowable areas. If the wind loading criteria is not a US Code recognized standard, then some conversion to a US code recognized standard may have to be determined. Wind velocity (speed) and allowable area are the critical factors for users.

I guess I inferred from the area number used and the resulting wind speeds, that if you worked the problem backwards he's saying that 19 square feet are good to at least 100 mph (103 is the lowest speed given in the table). Is this correct?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04