[TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12
From: "Mike Fatchett" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:34:19 -0700
I am looking for feed back on the SteppIR antennas.

I had just about made up my mind to purchase a F12 C4XL until I ran across
the SteppIR site.

I have to say the SteppIR philosophy sounds very interesting.

I was leaning to the C4XL because of the two elements on 40 all being on one

Obviously with the STeppIR I will need a 40m 2 ele solution.

How have the motors been holding up?  I like to contest and that would sure
be a deal killer to have a motor die in the middle.

>From the figures the 3ele SteppIR performs very well.  The C4 is effectively
a 2ele beam with the 40 added on.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.