FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

Subject: FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12
From: "Howard Klein" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:34:03 +0000

In response to Al, N6TA and Mike, WOMU I offer my 2 cents worth. I have a two stack of 4 el SteppIR's (currently down for some changes) and find they are the best antennas I have used spanning a 40 yr plus ham history. The advantage of having a perfectly matched antenna at EVERY frequency between 6 meters and 20 meters with the ability to change the design to the pattern that you are most interested in at that time eg. F-B, forward gain, or best SWR is extremely valuable and negates to a great extent the fixed distance between elements. To get a much broader point of view I suggest that you pose these questions to the SteppIR reflector at

----Original Message Follows---- From: Mike Fatchett <> To: Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

I am looking for feed back on the SteppIR antennas.

I had just about made up my mind to purchase a F12 C4XL until I ran across
the SteppIR site.

I have to say the SteppIR philosophy sounds very interesting.

I was leaning to the C4XL because of the two elements on 40 all being on one

Take off on a romantic weekend or a family adventure to these great U.S. locations.

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!