[TowerTalk] Tailtwister or Yaesu rotators..

Subject: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister or Yaesu rotators..
From: Steve Gilbert <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:26:49 +0000
I think another point to bear in mind when choosing a rotator, is how long you expect the thing to survive without giving any trouble. Replacing a rotator can be a major task if you have to climb a tower to do it. From my own experience of Ham II and Ham IV types, and probably the Tailtwister would come into this bracket, I reckon things can start to go wrong after 5 or 6 years of daily use in a wet & windy environment. OK - you can get replacement parts fairly readily, and doing the refurbishment is not a huge job, but sometimes I wish that life could be a bit sweeter!! What experience do other folk find with other makes ??...Steve, G3OAG