[TowerTalk] Steppir 3 or 4 EL?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steppir 3 or 4 EL?
From: "Bernard" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:39:58 -0600
    I have downloaded and have been reading the information on the 3 and 4
element Steppir beams.  One thing that I have noticed is that the 4 element
beam has about 1.7-1.8 dB more gain than the 3 element, but the 3 element has
4-5 dB better front-to-rear on 20 & 17 M, presenting an interesting trade.

    The 4 element boom length is double the 3 element, 32 ft.  That may be a
problem for some of us with crank over/ fold over towers, and sure does add to
the torque put on the rotor brake.

    Looks like for many of us, the 3 element may be a more "optimal" solution.

    Bernard, WA4OEJ

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.