Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir 3 or 4 EL?

To: "Bernard" <wtrone@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir 3 or 4 EL?
From: "Richard Gillingham" <rmoodyg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:41:13 -0500
Although I purchased my 3 el prior to the advent of the 4 el, the 4 el would
not serve my particular situation well.  I have tree close enough to the
tower/antenna that it must be kept well pruned to clear the antenna when I
lower it.  I have a house bracketed 40 ft Rohn 25 with a Hazer.  The antenna
sits 2 feet above the top.   A 32 foot boom would require removing the tree,
and I don't wish to do that....  yet..  I'm very pleased with the
performance of my 3 el.

Gil, W1RG