[TowerTalk] Interesting Policy

Subject: [TowerTalk] Interesting Policy
From: WD0M <>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:45:36 -0700
Isn't it interesting that AOL defends someone against receiving "...complaints from AOL's member base" when that individual sees nothing wrong with posting R-rated links on Tower talk?

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:39:03 -0600 (CST)
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <>
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

The original message was received at Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:39:03 -0600 (CST)
from []

(reason: 554-(RLY:B1) The information presently available to AOL indicates this)

... while talking to
<<< 554-(RLY:B1)  The information presently available to AOL indicates this
<<< 554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's
<<< 554-member base.  Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at
<<< 554- AOL may not accept further
<<< 554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain.  For more information,
<<< 554 please visit

Final-Recipient: RFC822;

You, kind sir, have missed then entire point of the Tower Talk reflector. Providing links to R (some would say X) rated sites is not the purpose of the reflector. Interestingly, I would opine that you and others seem to need to "take a breath/get a life/ nasueum with the colloquiliasms", given the multitude of replies to the effect that nothing was done wrong. Perhaps some people's standards are a tad higher than others. There is a time and place, my friend....this ain't it.

At 05:20 PM 2/22/2004, you wrote:
In a message dated 2/22/2004 5:24:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Excuse me, but since when is it OK to post R-rated stuff (even a link) on
this reflector?
I'll pass on the personal insults.

Joe, Bill didn't post anything R rated, only a link which he said was R rated. No photo was posted.

Time to take a deep breath.