Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister or Yaesu rotators..

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister or Yaesu rotators..
From: ragnar otterstad <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:08:23 +0100 (CET)
 --- Steve Gilbert <> skrev: >
I think another point to bear in mind when choosing
> a rotator, is how long you
> expect the thing to survive without giving any
> trouble. Replacing a rotator can
> be a major task if you have to climb a tower to do
> it. From my own experience of
> Ham II and Ham IV types, and probably the
> Tailtwister would come into this
> bracket, I reckon things can start to go wrong after
> 5 or 6 years of daily use
> in a wet &  windy environment.  OK -  you can get
> replacement parts fairly
> readily, and doing the refurbishment is not a huge
> job, but sometimes I wish
> that life could be a bit sweeter!! What experience
> do other folk find with other
> makes ??...Steve, G3OAG

As one who has realized he is not getting any younger
a Strumech selfsupporting HD crank-down, tilt-over
with electric winches has proved to be a blessing.
Nothing like working on antenna or rotor at ground
level !!!

Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.