[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Modifcation--Correction

To: isp <>, "towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Modifcation--Correction
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:13:22 -0600
In my note on the FAA and FCC requirements for tower lighting
I referenced a book called the Airman's Guide.   Unfortunately
I misremembered the title from 15 years ago and, thanks to
Charley, W1TE, for asking the question, I was forced to look up
the actual name.  (I am NOT a pilot--just LOVE big antennas!)

The book I was referring to is the "Airman's Information Manual"
(Hey, I was CLOSE--it was about 15 years ago.)

For more detailed info on lighting and painting you can check out
this web page.

BTW  This page is about as good and as concise a page as I
have ever seen on government regs like this.   Worth making
a note of it if you plan big antenna towers.

73--John W0UN

The term SPECIFIED AIRPORT, in the context of this guide, refers to:
1. A public use airport listed in the Airport Directory of the current Airman's Information Manual or in either the Alaska or Pacific Airman's Guide and Chart Supplement;
2. An airport under construction, that is the subject of a notice or proposal on file with the FAA, and except for military airports, it is clearly indicated that the airport will be available for public use; or
3. An airport that is operated by an armed force of the United States.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.