Re: [TowerTalk] Re-galvanizing tower sections

To: "Gary R." <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re-galvanizing tower sections
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:48:27 -0800

If Julio can find someone in his area with the capability to recoat the tower sections I would suspect it will cost a great deal of money.

Probably not all that expensive.. It's some small number of cents per pound (actually, they'll quote it in dollars/hundredweight) of whatever they're dipping into the tank of molten zinc. I forgot what we paid 7 years ago, when I had some welded structures galvanized, but it's just not that expensive. (I'm thinking in the $20/hundredweight range) Think of it this way... It's got to be a LOT less than the selling cost of the tower section, or tower mfrs couldn't afford to do it as part of a manufacturing process.

Check the yellow pages for "galvanizing" and call around.

Jim, W6RMK