Re: [TowerTalk] 40' tower for only $179.00!

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40' tower for only $179.00!
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:09:41 -0800
At 12:33 PM 2/24/2004, wrote:
>    I saw this 'tower' recently and thought I'd pass along some info. It's
>"semi-permanent" and "never climb a Poly Tower" because they're made out of
>PIPE!! Yikes!
>    More info available from Amateur Antenna Supply in Albany, OR. They'll
>take a check.

well, perhaps after all the amusement dies down... could you please forward
information about this company and/or antenna? A phone number or web address?

Yahoo Yellow Pages do not show an "Amateur Antenna Supply" in Albany, OR - and
a Google search didn't turn anything up either.

No, I wouldn't climb a PVC tower, and I probably wouldn't leave it up full
time, but the concept sounds kinda cool for a "weekend tower" - especially for
Field Day or adding a second antenna for SO2R on contest weekends... and it
sould be easy to haul around on the roof rack of a 4runner.

thanks very much - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai
Twisted Oak Winery
Rocketry Org. of CA