Re: [TowerTalk] TH11DX and Belden 9913

To: "Bernard" <wtrone@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH11DX and Belden 9913
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:30:29 -0500
At one time I used 9913 for everything.  It only took one lightening strike
to blow off the waterproofing to change my mind.   I replaced about 1200
feet of it with LMR-400.  I gave away and threw out a lot of 9913 that was
still good.

HyGain may be referring to straight 9913 instead of the flexible stuff. The
regular is not recommended to use for "rotor loops" as it will eventually
fatigue and the center conductor does move around. OTOH some have had the
stuff up for years.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

    I was looking at the instruction manual for the HyGain TH11DX and
noticed that it said that Belden 9913 coax is NOT recommended as feedline.
Anyone know why?  I just bought some CQ FLEXI 4XL from the Wireman and I
think that it is a variation of the Belden 9913.

    73

    Bernard, WA4OEJ