Re: [TowerTalk] grounding

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: edoc <>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:12:54 -0500
I don't sell anything and have no connection with any of these companies.
The following page shows The hydraulic drill I build for about $5 and the
steps for installing the ground rods which are "CadWelded" to the cable.  I
use the term CadWeld properly as that is the system I used.
N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)

Here in sandy West Central Florida one doesn't even need a hammer to drive an 8 foot ground rod, they press into the ground by hand! (Really freaked me at first since I am from NH where one sometimes needs a diamond-tipped drill to get two or three feet down through the granite!)

The plan here is three 20 foot rods -- it will be interesting to see
how deep I can get them before I need to give them a little encouragement from my 5 pound sledge.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!  73, doc kd4e