Re: [TowerTalk] EWE or K9AY Loop?

To: N3SL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EWE or K9AY Loop?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:14:39 -0500
Steve --

I think you're mixing metaphors here.

The K9AY loop and the Pennant are different antennas. K6SE is the 'author' of the Pennant.

Which did you use?

Eric W3DQ

At 06:24 PM 3/11/2004 -0500, N3SL@aol.com wrote:

I, too, will give you a totally subjective opinion.

On the 3B6RF expedition, we set up a Titanex V160 for transmit/receive. We also had several Beverages (admittedly very near salt water, which is not a good thing), and a K9AY pennant.

The Beverages lost in all cases. If we could hear on the V160, we stuck there, but the K9AY pennant (using the matching boxes supplied by Lance-Johnson Engineering (K0CS)), rarely, if ever, was not the better antenna. Riki, 4X4NJ, a world-known, world-class 160 man, was absolutely amazed at the pennant.

73,
Steve