Re: [TowerTalk] Using a crane to lift partially assembledtowersections..

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using a crane to lift partially assembledtowersections...
From: "VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 02:02:40 -0000
a couple of points:

- it is nice to have the guy wires 5 feet or so down from the top (much
easier to maneuver around the top), provided the tower and wind load are
compatible. They should be in your example.

- it may not be simple to attach the yagi to the mast, while lying
horizontal unless you have some sort of tilting mount or quite a high
"sawhorse" to support it. If you do, fine, otherwise you'll need to do it in
a  2 part lift.

- don't roll up the guy wire, it needs to be laid out straight without any
kinks....

- get 3 extra preforms and use 3 quality come-alongs to position/tension
the guys
properly before fiddling with turnbuckles etc.

73
Don
VE6JY