Re: [TowerTalk] Preforms

To: Dshmkat@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Preforms
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:42:48 EST
In a message dated 3/22/04 7:46:33 AM Pacific Standard Time, Dshmkat@aol.com
writes:

> On using preforms what should the length be on a 1/4" big grip preform and
>  how many strands of solid wire should there be.

    First, you have to use the right Preformed grips for the wire you've got.
Use ONLY EHS grips for EHS.

    I think that the spec is as long as the guy wire is at least to the first
(from the termination loop) crossover mark, that's the minimum. If you have a
little sticking out of the end of the Preform just an inch or two, that's no
problem.

    It's also okay to have too much guy wire sticking out if you're not sure
how much you need - you can just trim it off when you're done, leaving just a
little tail.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -