[TowerTalk] Don't forget HR 1478

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Don't forget HR 1478
From: "Todd E. Wiggins" <todd@wigginsonline.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:11:51 -0600
Folks please contact your representatives about HR 1478.  I contacted mine
and his response is below.

Todd

W4MMA

Dear Mr. Wiggins:

        Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding H.R.
1478, the Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Consistency Act of 2002
Constituent input is essential to the continuing production of our
government.

        As you may know, H.R. 1478 would ensure the use of amateur radios
during times of emergency.  I believe HAM operators can play an essential
role in keeping the public informed when a serious crisis occurs, and can
play a major role in preventing needless loss of life and property.

        Currently, the bill has been referred to House Committee on Energy
and Commerce.  However, should this bill come before the House for a vote,
be assured I will keep your views in mind.

        Again, thank you for writing.  If I can be of assistance sometime in
the future, please feel free in contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Allen Boyd
Member of Congress

AB:mm