RE: [TowerTalk] Re: CC&Rs

To: "Didier Juges" <didier@cox.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: CC&Rs
From: "Michael Hatzakis" <mike@hatzakis.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:50:45 -0800
Now I thought it was a little more complex than that.  I am not a lawyer, so
maybe I will get corrected, but...

I have a CC&R and it has some weak statements that could be used in a
lawsuit against towers.  I got a lawyer and he was worth every penny.  He
pointed out that my CC&R was like all others that stipulated that I would
pay all attorney fees if I lost.  But by state law, if a contract has such a
clause, it is required to presume reciprocality.  That means, anyone can sue
anyone on belaf of HOA, but they have to be willing to eat both their costs
and that of the defense if it's frivlous and lose.  It's sort of like poker.
Nobody took the bate and we've been up almost a year.

Michael  K3MH