Re: [TowerTalk] 500' #14 solid THHN, $15 @ Lowe's

To: wrt@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 500' #14 solid THHN, $15 @ Lowe's
From: WA2BPE <wa2bpe@infoblvd.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:47:17 -0400
"Newer" wiring has a two-layer insulation and overall, is thinner.  The outer
layer is a clear plastic (?? exact material - maybe Nylon which is not very UV
resistant) but is intended for
abrasion resistance.  The inner insulation, (I believe) is more standard PVC.
Perhaps someone else has more specific insormation on this;  I would also think
that black *may" be more UV
resistant - depends on how deeply the UV penetrates (e.g., I have used Scotch
33 or 88 tape outside for 10+ years and only see degredation of the outer
layer).

Tom - wa2bpe