RE: [TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: "'John Barry EI8IR'" <John_ei8ir@eircom.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:15:34 -0000
Even better than rotating the whole tower is being able to rotate the
antennas separately.  In some contests, at least here in the states, it
is an advantage to have one antenna pointing at Europe and another at
either japan or back into the states.  If you rotate the whole tower
they all go the same way.  I use the TIC ring rotors here for the bottom
antennas on 10/15/20 to give the added flexibility.  In the redesign of
the stacks last year I now have 4/4/4/4 where the top and bottom ones
rotate and the middle two are fixed at Europe.  I also have another 4
element pointed south to give a quick switch for carribean and south
America... I don't know what might be useful combinations there, but
those are some ideas anyway.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net