Re: [TowerTalk] Coax & Control Wires ~ Crankup Tower

To: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax & Control Wires ~ Crankup Tower
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:50:30 -0700
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 7:37 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax & Control Wires ~ Crankup Tower

Hello Towertalkians.  This forum provides a wealth of knowledge!
I have a question about how to handle the coaxes and control wire that come
off my 50' Aluma tower crank up tower.  I ran these, 2 coaxes and rotor
control cable, as a bundle using nylon zip ties to secure the bundle to the
inside of the tower section that goes up and down every 4 to 5 feet.  This
bundle exits at the bottom of the tower and is similarly bundled with nylon
zips every few feet and it is snaked to and fro across some decorative rock
between the tower base and the deck.  When I raise or lower the tower, I
have to handle the bundle to make sure it is not catching or kinking up.
Has anyone come up with a more satisfactory splay for these wires?  Or a way
to keep the excess neat when the tower is lowered, which is most of the time
here.  I am considering placing some connectors in the lines that match the
lowered length needed, and then have the excess made into a bundled jumper
handy for connecting in when I want to raise the tower.  Any better ideas
would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Gene Bigham KB0GU