RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] 9913; Rotor loops

To: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>, "'Steve Meuse'" <smeuse@mara.org>,<lladerman@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] 9913; Rotor loops
From: "Al Toothaker" <n6ta@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:46:28 -0700
As stated, loss of a connector and its connection to the cable should be so
low as to be hard to measure at HF.  I include both insertion loss as well
as mismatch loss.  This assumes a good installation and a properly designed
connector.  I have seen poorly designed connectors that originate from a
screw machine shop that that has extra capacity so they start to make
connectors.  Electrical and matching are not a consideration with these
kinds.  Fortunately, few end up where we are likely to see them.
Installation can be bungled to the extent that loss is increased from what
it should be.  Assuming that all of us on this reflector take care to do a
good job, loss of the connectors should be ignored with little loss of
sleep.
Al
N6TA