On Sun, 02 May 2004 00:14:18 -0700, Jim Smith wrote:
>Hmm... my Teflon coated frying pan doesn't seem to have any problem with
>heat. Maybe the temp is lower but I doubt it, given that the element it
>sits on is red hot.
When Teflon first became commercially available there were dire warnings
about overheating it, saying that a toxic gas would be released. While
this is no doubt true in a strict sense, the danger seems to have been
greatly exaggerated. I know of no home maker who has been overwhelmed
by leaving a Teflon coated pan on a hot stove. If there were such
instances, I'm sure we would hear about them loud and clear.
QSLs via LoTW
See: http://www.mscomputer.com for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless Weather
Stations", and lot's more. Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with any questions
and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.
TowerTalk mailing list